torsdag 22. august 2013

DT Charisma - More than one fold


Finally I’m back online! Got a bit of Internet issues here, but it’s all sorted out now, I hope!
The days have just vanished as I’ve been busy prepping the family for school and everyday life after a summer that seemed to last forever. And now it’s Thursday again. Not just any ol’ Thursday, it’s my oldest daughters first day of 5th grade in a new school, so it’s been really exciting both for her and me. Mostly me, I think. *S*
But that’s not the only exciting thing today. It’s time for a brand new challenge over at Charisma Cardz Challenges! Take a look at our sponsors this week.
 PRIZE ONE - 


Here's a lil about Krista!
My name is Krista Smith. I am the artist behind the Etsy shop, Saturated Canary Digis. I began working in the stamping world about a year ago when I was hired to create rubber designs for the sweet Scottish company, Sugar Nellie. They launched my artwork under the name 'Simply Sassy.' I moved into the digital world just this past month (it's been a super busy month, indeed!). And-- I love it!! There is a little more freedom here, as I can create anything that pops into my head:)! I am so humbled by the artistic talent of the girls coloring in my designs-- it is truly an inspiration! Likewise, I am so thankful for the friendships I've made in this wonderful and lovely crafty community! It's been a true delight! I'd love for you to stop by my challenge/inspiration blog, Saturated Canary Challenge and join in the fun...And, while you're there, click over to my personal blog (Saturated Canary) and introduce yourself! I am a bit eclectic and touch on everything from family (I've got me a great one!) to fashion (obsessed!)...Please say 'hi!'...I'd love to be friends!:)

Krista has very kindly offered to sponsor this week one winner with a $10 Gift Certificate to her wonderful Etsy shop of some very beautiful Digi's!

PRIZE TWO -
The Stamping Chef was born in November 2012, after I (Tamara) decided to switch from the scrapbook community to the crafter side of designing. Drawing is my passion, and my style is fun, cute and doodlish..I think =D.  I love to see images come to life when they're colored by amazing crafters. Creating digital images can be a tedious process, but I love each and every step of it. I have a lovely bunch of ladies standing next to me, creating, giving me advice, and help me everywhere they can. I'm so totally new in this great adventure, but I love it! It's so totally different than I'm used to. I hope I can provide you with loads of cute, happy, funny images you can work with.
winner 3 digital images of their choice from The Stamping Chef store http://thestampingchef.oo.gd/

PRIZE THREE-
Delicious Doodles is a young company with myself,
Teri, as the Sole Trader/Designer.
I have doodled and sketched all of my life.
I started making greetings cards when my last child was born, and used my doodles on them as I couldn’t find what I wanted in the usual craft places.
I only started selling my images in the Autumn of 2009.
I design and hand/mouse-draw all of the images that are sold in the Delicious Doodles Shop. Some are cutsie animals, some are sketched flowers, there are a few men's images, fairies and also some 'darker' images featuring vampires, skulls and Gothic stuff, something for everyone!
Why not pop over and take a look.

 
 
Who are offering 4 digis of the winners choice!
 

Now for the challenge, and I have to say that I’m really looking forward to this, as we’re doing more than one fold this week. It’s been far too long since I’ve done anything but a regular card, so I set out to find something new and exciting for me. 
Marianne has some awesome creations on her blog, so I really just had to take a pick and landed on this fabulous gatefold-with-a-twist kinda creation.
 

The large tag with the image on keeps the card closed. Unfortunately she didn’t have any tutorial or links to templates, so I had to think twice before I understood how it was done. But it really wasn’t that hard. It’s made out from a 12x12” cardstock, scored at 3” on all sides. Get it? Let me know if you would like to see a tutorial on this, and I’ll see what I can do. ;-)


 
I really liked the look on this folded card, and I loved it even more when I got to combine it with some of my favorites at the moment, Maja Design papers and Saturated Canary digi stamps. The gorgeous paper are from the “Ska vi ta en Fika”collection. I'm purple passionate and I just love the colours on these papers, totally yummy! The Fika-collection is by no means new, but for some reason I never got around to buying them. But now, with my Maja-madness and purple passion I just had to have them and they came just last week. (And I do believe I need another refill pretty soon! *S*)

 

 
And the sweet Canary is called “Thank You”. Thanks to Krista for supplying the DT with these cuties! As always colored in with my ProMarkers.  Unfortunately I forgot to write down the colours this time. I think I used pretty much every purple/violet colour I own. *S* I’ve also used an edge stamp on this one. I’m not sure where it’s from.
Other materials I’ve used are: Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and Kort og Godt, PaP-punches from Martha Stewart, ribbon and pearl from my stash, Distress Ink Walnut Stain and Fluid Chalk Creamy Brown.
Now, be sure to stop by the challenge blog for more inspiration and information and most importantly, link up your more-than- once-folded card. Can’t wait to see what you’ll do! *S*

 
 

 
 

6 kommentarer:

  1. This is so gorgeous sweetie. I adore the image and your layout and colours are awesome. Thank you for sharing your lovely creation with us at Totally Papercrafts.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT
    xxxxxx

    SvarSlett
  2. Hi Renate,
    Wow this is absolutely gorgeous :) Totally loving the image with how you have coloured her in so beautifully & the colours are adorable. You have done a fantastic job with this & yes, I personally would love to see a tutorial :) Thank you so much for sharing your design with us.

    Renate, I am holding a DT Call & thought you might like to give it a go. I hope to see you there :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Lisa.

    Dreamtime Designs: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamtimeDesigns
    Blog: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au (Blog Candy)
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/DreamtimeDesigns
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DreamtimeDsigns
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LisaWDesigns
    Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au (DT Call)


    SvarSlett
  3. Gorgeous card! Your fold is so cool! Love how the cover comes out of the little pockets! Thank you for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge Blog.
    Ruza, LTC Designer

    SvarSlett
  4. Hi Renate, what a gorgeous card - I really like the unusual shape and beautiful punching detail. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our "fave colour combo" challenge at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    SvarSlett
  5. Gorgeous card, love the purples and I am a huge Canary Fan!!!!! I would love a tutorial if you can see way to posting one for "us who are so inspired by ones who can" Thank you so much for sharing Jane

    SvarSlett
  6. Gorgeous card, love the purples and I am a huge Canary Fan!!!!! I would love a tutorial if you can see way to posting one for "us who are so inspired by ones who can" Thank you so much for sharing Jane

    SvarSlett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...